Listen as we talk to Dr. Paraic Kenny of Kenny Lab about genomic sequencing and COVID-19 and much more.
Below are the questions we asked Dr. Paraic Kenny ·
- First before we get into COVID-19 Dr. Kenney could you tell us about yourself. It certainly is impressive that you have your own lab. http://kennylab.org/ What got you interested in health and medicine not to mention research
- On to COVID-19 when did you first start thinking this virus was going to be a big problem?
- What was the genesis of the study to better under stand COVID-19 strains?
- How did you get involved with the local health department (La Cross Public Health Department)? · We know that you have international partners in this endeavor? How did this come about?
- What have you learned thus far about the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2)?
- Dr. Kenney we have heard that there are a number of SARS-CoV-2 strains—can you update the TrialSite Network audience—how many strains of SARS-CoV-2 are there? Are some more potent or dangerous than others? ·
- Do all the strains originate from Wuhan China? Is that conclusive?
- Based on your tests and investigation has any material strategies changed there at Gunderson in relation to COVID-19 treatments?
- How far along is this type of testing and analysis coming along across the United States?
- What are the implications for what you have accomplished thus far?
- Gunderson Health System has a great reputation—could you name three things that make it stand apart for other researchers to hear?
- Any parting words of wisdom for other researchers interested in similar pursuits? Any collaborations for them to consider