National real estate firm CBRE produced their annual life science real estate report. The findings reveal movement in the life science/clinical trials landscape nationwide. Some key findings:
- Life Science growth is occurring at record pace when looking at from a perspective buildings. CBRE identifies the urban clusters leading the movement.
- Boston-Cambridge and the San Francisco Bay Area are the nation’s leading life science clusters
- San Diego, New Jersey, Raleigh-Durham and Washington DC-Baltimore round out a second tier of primary life sciences markets in the U.S.
- Significant industry momentum in New York City—evidenced by more than 1.5 million sq. foot of lab space under construction, strong municipal support and a major concentration of sought after talent
- CBRE’s data reveals which markets have the most scientists fueling innovation and where the most qualified graduates are coming from
- Emerging hubs include Seattle, Houston, Austin and Denver. In addition to talent these markets offer premier educational and medical institutions to drive continued growth
- Venture Capital funding to the life sciences industry has surged 86% over the past year
Follow the link to see the tables.
CBRE analysts incude: