Purdue University, a world-class academic research institution, providing advanced degrees to individuals who have helped to share the course of human history. Their Human Research Protection Programs serves the main campus in West Lafayette, Indiana as well as regional campuses throughout the state. They are seeking an IRB Protocol Analyst to join their world-renowned research organization.
Purdue University is a world-class academic research institution, providing advanced degrees to individuals who have helped to shape the course of human history. The Human Research Protection Program serves the main campus in West Lafayette, Indiana, as well as the regional campuses throughout the state. For more information, see https://www.purdue.com
The IRB Protocol Analyst pre-reviews all new IRB submissions evaluates all new submissions to determine consistency with IRB requirements for approval and works with researchers to correct deficiencies prior to IRB review. The Analyst continues to work with the protocol through IRB review and disposition.
The IRB Protocol Analyst also develops and provides educational programs for customers who use the HRPP, maintains awareness of the changing requirements of sponsors and collaborators, and participates in the identification and development of practices and procedures that can increase the level of service provided to investigators. This role reports to the IRB Administrator/Human Protection Administrator for the University, with a direct reporting relationship to the Institutional Official.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two (2) years of experience in IRB administration, clinical research, and/or regulatory compliance with human subjects or nursing
- Ability to analyze, interpret and implement federal regulations and University policies and procedures related to academic research studies with human subjects
- Motivated individual with the ability to efficiently multi-task, work under pressure, handle frequent interruptions, and meet deadlines
- Ability to identify and determine problems, analyze information and implement solutions
- Capable of taking initiative, assuming responsibility and handling confidential information with discretion
- Ability to work independently and contribute to a team environment
- Excellent customer service skills and professionalism in dealing with external business partners, students, faculty and staff
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and build working relationships among a diverse workforce at all levels
- High proficiency in software: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook (Electronic email/Calendaring) and internet research skills
- HRPP/IRB experience.
- Certified IRB Professional (CIP) at time of employment; required within two years of being in the position.
- Purdue will not sponsor an employment authorization for this position.
- A Background Check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Plan.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Call to Action: Interested in this exciting opportunity follow the link: https://careers.purdue.edu/job/West-Lafayette-IRB-Protocol-Analyst-IN-47906/573107200/?locale=en_USSource: HigherEdJobs