Novaremed AG has announced a poster presentation highlighting the top-line results from a Phase 2a (proof of concept) study of NRD.E1 for the treatment of diabetic neuropathic pain (DNP). This presentation occurred at the 7th International Congress on Neuropathic Pain Meeting (NeuPSIG) in London, UK on May 9-11, 2019. TrialSite News includes their presentation.
Lead Drug: NRD.E1: The Sponsor believes it can address an unmet medical need
NRD.E1 is a non-opioid small molecule for the treatment of neuropathic pain. The results of their Phase 2a in patients with DNP showed clinically relevant treatment benefit from NRD.E1 across multiple primary and secondary endpoints, providing strong scientific foundation for advancing and development of NDR.E1 into the upcoming global Phase 2b study in DNP” reported Sara Mangialaio, Head of R&D and Chief Medical Officer Novaremed AG.
Founded in Israel in 2008 and reincorporated as Novaremed AG in Switzerland in late 2017, the firm is developing NRD.E1; an orally-active small molecule with a differentiated mechanism of action for the treatment of Diabetic Neuropathic Pain (DPN). In a Phase 2a proof of concept study, the investigative drug showed clinically relevant reduction in patient reported pain. It is now preparing for a global Phase 2b study in DPN.
Phase 2 Proof of Concept Investigator Sites
TrialSite News reviewed their completed Phase 2 study. The Israeli-originated, Swiss corporate sponsor utilizes the following research sites to conclude initial results:
- Diabetes and Endocrinology Clinic, Bat-Yamon Medical Center, Clalit health services, Bay-Yam Israel
- Diabetes Clinic, Lin Medical Center, Haifa Israel
- Rambam Medical Center, Diabetic Endocrine Unit, Haifa Israel
- Wolfson Medical Center, Holon Israel
- Diabetic and Endocrinology clinic, Clalit health services, Jerusalem Israel
- Meir Medical Center, Endocrinology, diabetes and metabolism unit, Kfar-Saba Israel
- Diabetes Department Migdal Hamea Clalit health services, Tel Aviv Israel
- DMC Medical Center, Diabetic unit, Tel Aviv Israel
- Ziv Medical Center, Endocrinology Unit, Zefat Israel