Irfan Khan, M.D. talks about COVID-19 and the effect it will have on clinical trials, CROs, IROs, and research.
Dr. Khan goes over new capabilities that sites need to develop, be it virtual, home healthcare, or flexibility, and more, in order to stay competitive and keep high patient participation.
Below is a summary of the questions he answers in this podcast:
- What is an Integrated Research Organization (IRO) and how is Circuit Clinical positioned in this space?
- What did Circuit do to accommodate for Trial Continuity during COVID-19?
- Can you describe what virtual engagement means to Circuit?
- What can Sponsors and CRO’s do to help prevent participants from dropping out of studies and improve engagement?
- Do research sites need a stimulus for business to continue after COVID-19?
- Where do you see the future in clinical research going post-COVID-19 and what changes can the industry expect?
- What’s the best outcome that can happen post-COVID-19? What can industry stakeholders do to rescue their studies and get back on track?