The Department of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine at Stanford University is seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator Associate, who will become an integral part of a highly dynamic and multi-disciplinary team that performs cutting-edge translational and clinical research. This is an excellent opportunity to become a key player of a team thriving to make impactful contributions to the practice of perioperative medicine.
If you join our team you will coordinate many aspects of studies testing innovative interventions to promote healing and recovery after surgery. The position also includes regular interactions with the basic science and computational research teams. All team members are encouraged to take ownership, thrive for independence, and make active contributions. Our efforts are highly collaborative and depend upon team members who are engaged to produce the best science possible.
Please apply if you are highly motivated and excited by the opportunity to take ownership of projects that will advance clinical practice.
- Coordinate studies from startup through close-out.
- Determine eligibility of and gather consent from study participants according to protocol. Assist in developing recruitment strategies. Identify qualified potential participants, obtain informed consent, screen and enroll research participants in multiple consecutive studies. Develop and implement enrollment strategies to ensure adequate and timely enrollment of participants; identify and implement changes to recruitment strategies when necessary.
- Coordinate collection of study specimens and processing. Coordinate with participant, and clinical and research labs for collection and processing of timed research samples.
- Collect and manage participant clinical, study, and laboratory data for research projects. Manage research project databases, develop flow sheets and other study related documents, and complete study documents/case report forms. Interact with participants in the collection of sensitive outcomes. Train participants in accurate completion of study surveys. Develop and maintain project databases and data collection forms. Oversee and ensure participant compliance over time in longitudinal studies.
- Ensure compliance with research protocols, and review and audit data collection forms for completion and accuracy with source documents. Using knowledge of GCPs and the ancillary services at Stanford, ensure all aspects of study involvement comply with relevant regulations. Regularly inspect study documents to ensure ongoing regulatory and study protocol compliance; identify and implement changes when necessary.
- Monitor expenditures and adherence to study budgets and resolve billing issues in collaboration with finance and/or management staff. Regularly review hospital charges to be billed to study accounts and report errors in a timely fashion.
- Ensure essential documentation and recording of patient and research data in appropriate files per institutional and regulatory requirements. Maintain any required documentation.
- Participate in regulatory audits.
- Interact with the principal investigator and Nurse Manager regularly to ensure patient safety and adherence to proper study conduct.
- Interact/collaborate with larger lab group to ensure successful completion of all aspects of the research.